Rusher Roger’s weekly wrap-up report on what’s happening in the world of Rusher Rogers, our clients, our candidates and the recruitment market.
Gosh so many predictions and all of them happening in 2018, apparently. My News feed on social media, professional or personal has been filled with new ways forward, better ways to do things, new year, clean slates, a year without, cheese, plastic, alcohol, shopping (as if). On and on and on they go but in all seriousness there have been a couple of interesting things including these published/announced throughout the week:
Established by former Brotherhood of St Laurence Executive Director, Tony Nicholson the new Homeless and Sleeping Rough Action Plan with $45M worth of initiatives as a part of the State governments plan to support and strengthen social housing and keep vulnerable people off the streets, with a clear directive to break the cycle of homelessness. We will watch this one closely. Read on:
Bringing it back to the employment market Employsure published a post throughout the week which highlights where they see the changes in work relations likely to impact your workplace in 2018 headlining:
- Employees vs Contractors,
- The rise of the Casual,
- Flexible Working and
And finally drilling down to the Recruitment sector an interesting podcast delivered by one of the sector SME, guru Greg Savage of what’s instore for Recruiters and the cracking pace of change in this sector: http://gregsavage.com.au/2018/01/16/the-future-of-recruitment-podcast/
What does it all mean? Keep Calm And Carry On!
- BDM’s for well-known management training institute…Hunters rather than Farmers. Solid base plus decent comms
- 20 Case Managers/Team Leaders for well-known and reputable NFP (Full & Part time opps):
- Children’s Family Violence
- Family Solutions
- Family Violence
- Part time HRM (.6)
- Marketing & Communications Manager for high profile charity
- Campaign Manager (12mth Mat Lve) for high profile charity
- Community Fundraising Manager – new role with high profile charity
- Service & Support Specialist for high growth health tech co
- Office Manager for boutique law firm with a state of the art office in CBD
A word from our temp desk:
Over the years, our affinity with the NFP sector has grown and flourished; we are regularly contacted by talented candidates looking to break into the third sector. If you could use interim support where you work, get in touch with Claudia about temps today.
Until Next Week
Stay informed! Fill in the form below and receive the weekly wrap-up straight to your inbox.