Rusher Roger’s weekly wrap-up report on what’s happening in the world of Rusher Rogers’, our clients, our candidates and the recruitment market.
I am not sure how many had the chance to read this article ‘the company where women get promoted while on maternity leave‘
It talks about how attitudes and actions need to change around ensuring gender diversity is a genuine consideration so that organisations do not fall back on all the old and lazy excuses as to why a man may be a better (or safer) option, especially when women line up for senior leadership roles. Certainly as this article points out the statistics are quite alarming when it comes to female representation at a leadership level, but perhaps the pendulum is beginning to shift, albeit very slowly. I’m sure I am not alone in seeing more articles addressing this imbalance each week so the conversation has started, but how will we see this impact unfold?
My question is, what exactly are hiring managers/organisations afraid of? I employed a consultant 15 years ago whom I knew was pregnant (twins as it happened). It was one of the best decisions that I ever made and to this day I know my decision to hire her with that knowledge was so gratefully appreciated by her, she never forgot it! But why should she be grateful? She had the skills for the role and she was able to deliver (literally). That was 15 years ago and when I think back, we had clients who openly declared that they did not want to hire women in a certain child bearing age group (gasp) and they were OK with that!!
I hope that we have moved on….in fact I know that we have. Continuing advances in technology and flexibility around working hours will prevail which will enhance the practice of not excluding a significant portion of the talent pool.
Current Permanent jobs:
- Audiologist (Perth)
- BDM – Melbourne
- Channel Manager
- Coordinator of Specialist Family Services
- Direct Specialist
- Direct Specialist – Melbourne
- Executive Assistant
- Financial Controller
- Fundraising Manager – Part time
- Graduate Accountant
- Law Clerk
- Legal Secretary
- Manager Family & Youth Services
- Service and Support Specialist
- Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Advisor
- Targeted Care Packages Coordinator
Our top temps available from next week:
- Gimhani – her experience ranges from solicitor, to paralegal to finance assistant and her technical skills include case management, finance administration and document preparation and editing. She is available immediately and open to any office administration positions, currently visiting Australia on a Working Holiday Visa.
- Zoe – an experienced temp and has experienced administrative roles in a variety of industries. She is capable of a vast range of positions, from reception to customer service to data entry and is available immediately.
Until next week…..
Stay informed! Fill in the form below and receive the weekly wrap-up straight to your inbox.